Aims & objectives of the research are to:
- Explore the impact of identity-based trauma on LGBTQI+ mental health
- Explore and measure resilience among the LGBTQI+ community
- Assess the progress of LGBTQI+ people’s mental health and wellbeing since the initial LGBTIreland Report (Higgins et al., 2016)
- Measure homophobic, biphobic and transphobic attitudes and behaviours among the Irish general population and compare the findings with those within the initial LGBTIreland Report (Higgins et al., 2016)
- Identify priorities and make recommendations for future service provision and policy developments based on the research evidence, best practice and evidence from Ireland and other jurisdictions.